ACCESSIBILITY & INCLUSION
AN EVENT FOR EVERYONE
UK Space Conference 2023 and the ICC Belfast are committed to making sure that the event is accessible and inclusive for everyone.
The venue has a wide range of facilities and services available for anyone who may require them. This includes:
- Access to disabled parking located in Lanyon Place and Oxford Street car parks. These car parks are privately owned, and adjacent to the venue
- A Changing Places facility located in the Riverside Foyer. This includes accessible toilets, as well as equipment such as hoists, curtains, adult-sized changing benches, and space for carers. There are also accessible toilets available on each floor
- A gender neutral toilet block will be available
- Wheelchair spaces in all rooms including the main audiatorium and other spaces where sessions will be hosted.
- Lift access available through the building to access all floors
- Assistance dogs are welcome at the venue, and seating can be arranged to accommodate
- Cloakroom available to store any equipment
- Signposting has been improved to enhance navigating around the venue
- Over 80% of venue staff have received Just A Minute (JAM) card training, which allows customers to communicate their accessibility needs discreetly, highlighting that they may need a little extra time and patience during their visit
- Hearing loops will be available in the main auditorium and studio. Users of this service are asked to make themselves known so we can ensure they are set up correctly
- For anyone needing to breastfeed or express milk, a private place can be provided for this
- Any dietary needs can be catered for, including religious requirements, allergies and intolerances
- A prayer room is available for use on Floor 3
Many of the hotels available via our accommodation portal will have a number of accessible rooms available to book at preferential rates. You can access this via the attendee portal once you have registered.
Our team is able to support your attendance at UK Space conference if you have access or dietary requirements, please complete details on your registration form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about accessibility at the ICC Belfast, please visit their website.
In addition to the main conference at the ICC Belfast, we are also hosting a Gala Dinner at the Titanic Belfast on Wednesday 22nd November. This venue also has a wide range of facilities in place for accessibility. These include:
- Accessible toilets on all floors, which are also gender neutral
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Accessible car parking spaces available in the underground car park
- Value Cabs, their taxi partner, have a number of accessible vehicles and can drop visitors off at the Taxi drop off point. Tel: +44 (0)28 9080 9080
- A number of wheelchairs are available to hire upon request. Please contact Titanic Belfast in advance on +44 (0)28 9076 6386
- Voice indication in all front-of-house lifts, hand rail extensions and contrasting floor textures
- All venue entrances have level access
- There are two lifts available to all floors, with controls within reach for wheelchair users
For any accessibility or dietary requirements, please contact us at email@example.com to make any necessary arrangements.